Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Priscilla's 411 Card challenge


This weeks 411 challenge was indeed a "challenge" for me. 
However, the sketch gave me the opportunity to use the Top Note die -I never seem to use this great die - so I struggled to come up with this interpretation.  And what fun I had making this card.  Lots of my new stuff was used.  My new letterpress plate works beautifully to create the background piece for this card. 
The stamp sets are the very versatile Fabulous Florets and Teeny Weeney wishes - the ribbon is the pretty new Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon.  Old Olive and Calypso Coral ink and Very Vanilla and Old Olive card stock.  Yikes I just noticed that I forgot to snip out one of the petals on the left flower.  I promise that will be done before I mail this card.  Oh yes and the Lattice embossing folder was used for the Top Note background.  A few spritzes of Vanilla Smooch and the card is done.  Wish you could see the shimmer in the picture as it gives a lovely look to the card.





Here is this weeks 411 challenge - check out the 411 site to see how the Operators and others interpreted this sketch. 
http://stamping411.blogspot.com/
Happy Stamping

3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the use of the letterpress plate. I just bought my first one, but haven't used it on anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I like the letterpress plate too...but I haven't bought one yet. Guess I need to get brave and try it. Love the ruffled ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete