Monday, November 1, 2010

Priscilla's 411 Challenge Card

This weeks sketch was quite a challenge and I had to think hard how to do the four pieces in the background since my Christmas Stampin'UP! order arrives tomorrow with all my Christmas Designer Series Paper.  So it seems I had the same idea as Barbara to use the Petals a Plenty embossing folder to create my paper.  I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder.  Then I "smooched" (I'm sure smooch can be used as a verb too) it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to get some shimmer but I also hit each raised petal with some "Champagne Mist" shimmer paint to get even more shimmer.  Unfortunately this does not show too well in the picture but believe me in real life it glows!  The stamp set is the new Bells and Boughs stamp set with the flower center made sparkely with fine Galaxy Champagne glitter.   The Cherry Cobbler ribbon just finishes off the card.  The markers used to color the center are Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Old Olive.  I like the way the card turned out.  I would never have thought of this idea if I hadn't been trying to do the 411 challenge.  Thanks to the 411 operators who come up with all these challenge ideas.

This is the sketch for todays cards.  Check out the Stamping 411 blog http://stamping411.blogspot.com/ to see how other interpreted this sketch and be sure and check out Barbara's card.

10 comments:

  1. Love the crisp clean look of the card. I can't wait to get my Cherry Cobbler seam binding. Looks terrific with this. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card....it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the strips in the background! Love your card...great crisp and clean look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies, I love this card. Really beautiful...
    Michelle ( from Selenes team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pretty card! The white embossed panels look wonderful!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that you used the embossing folder and did white on white for your background!! VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priscilla -- all I can say is GORGEOUS!!!!! This card is classic! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is lovely- love the embossed panels and your coloring of the image.

    Congrats on having this card selected as one of the Showcase cards for the Stamping 411 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete