Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thursday Stamping Club November Meeting

Here are some of the Thursday Stampers working around my dining room table. We made four cards this thursday that are posted below.  Two of our members were not able to be with us but not to worry they both either made or received their Novermber cards.  We had a lot of fun and everyone seemed to like the cards we made.  The cards that we made this month were all cased from 3 beautiful cards that I saw on line.
From left to right  - Gloria, Claire, Priscilla, Jeanne and Carol.  Suzanne and Terry were not able to come this thursday.  Next month we will meet on two Thurdays - December 2nd and December 9th.


This card was cased from a card I saw on line - I used different stamp sets, different technique, different ribbon and a different butterfly but definitely the same idea.  This is a link to the card that I cased http://wahoohaven.blogspot.com/2010/10/osc-photo-inspiration-dt-card.html so check out the beautiful original.  The stamp set I used is "Just Believe" and "For all You Do."  My version of the butterfly is one of the butterflies from the  "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit die that was made using a piece of card stock stamped with the solid stamp in the "For all You Do" stamp set.



This is another card that is cased from a card I saw in a video on the SU Demonstrator web site by paige Batten.  Check out her web site at http://www.paigebatten.com/.  The difference between my version and the original card is the sentiment stamp.  I love this card and it was a lot of fun to make. By the way no designer paper was involved in the making of this card.  The background piece was stamped using the Printed petal Stamp set.
This last card is a clean and simple design by Robin Merriman from the 411 Clean and Simple stamping section.  At our Thursday session some made it into a Thanksgiving card, some a birthday card and some just a thinking of you card.  I love Robin Merriman's idea for this versitle fall card.  One thing I had people do that were a little hesitant to do the free hand edge was to just put a dot at each corner and then connect the dots free hand. 
The free hand edge in this picture looks green but it is really Soft Suede.
You can check out Robin Merriman's ideas for clean and simple cards at http://stamping411.blogspot.com/2010/10/clean-and-simple-stamping-wonderful-one.html.

So stampers I suggest that you check out all the ideas available on line to help you wto make your own beautiful creations.   Stamping is great fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so thrilled that you were inspired by the 411 feature! Your version of the one-layer card is terrific! I'm honored that you would choose it to share with your club members! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete