Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas in July

We have a team meeting tomorrow and the theme is fall or holiday.  I decided that it is never too early to start thinking about Christmas.  So - I went that route. I was inspired by a card created by Cherie Franklin on Stampin Connection. 

First I sponged the background in Marina Mist with some accents in Not Quite Navy and Crumb Cake with a little Soft Suede. 

I just love the new stamp set - Plant Hope.  I used markers in Old Olive and Always Artichoke - with trunks of Early Espresso and Soft Suede.  Stamp once - then stamp off in the background. 
After completing the forest I stamped a little white to soften the look and create swirls of snow. 
You probably can't see it - but there is some Smooch Spritz and then some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make it all sparkle.  It is a soft, peaceful look to go with the sentiment from the hostess set. 

Granted - I would not want to make 100 of these - but it was fun making a few.
Barbara Kupfrian

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love it! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara:
    What a beautiful card . . . I love the way you stamped the trees. . . I am sorry I missed the meeting .. . my loss - ha ha
    Karen

    ReplyDelete